Sunday, November 24, 2013

And Day 2 in Barcelona dawns.

Barcelona Day 2

I decided I wasn't going to be able to figure out Barcelona without taking the city tour. There are many tour companies but my hotel told me to take the city tour. Even the city tour has three variations, useful, okay, useless. Of course I took the useful tour which does the downtown buildings but also takes you up onto the mountain where a lot of the museums, the castle and the space for the Olympics are laid out. This tour was very nice in that you bought a ticket for the day. So I took the full tour early (takes about 2 hours) and then got back on the bus and started getting off where I wanted to stop and research further or take more pictures. My primary focus was the Montjuic mountain (hill of the Jews), The most prominent hill overlooking the city so I figured it was going to give me great views for pictures. it also contains the Castello Barcelona which is been around for 1000 years and was still used in the second world war to protect the city.






To get up to the castle, you can either walk or take a tram from the bus stop. Since I didn't know how far up the hill the the castle was I elected to take the tram. With all the cold weather, I just felt I was getting ready for skiing season.

Barcelona is a pretty big city as you can see from these pictures.



It has one of the most important commercial ports in the Mediterranean. The port is broken into two section, the commercial side, and the tourist side. It was the first city to offer cruise ships for the Mediterranean.

 The side of the port for the wealthy and the cruise ships


 The side for the commercial traffic and container ships.


And to prove I was there, and didn't just buy these fabulous photos.


Yes, I am holding on for dear life, Don't like 500 foot drops.


I put on body and face paint for this shot.

By the time I got back into the downtown it was turning dark so here are the first of my night photographs of course of the Gaudi duomo.
Thursday evening, and starting to party already.



 This is such a cool church to photograph day or night.



Here's the link to the rest of my day two photos:  Barcelona Day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment