Friday, November 22, 2013

Geneva, another wonderful Swiss city

On my third day in Switzerland, Nathan suggested I visit Geneva. It's about an hour train ride of the ladies from Lausanne. In a lot of ways it's like Lausanne. It's just not as hilly.  It appears to be a more mature city with a much more developed downtown. It's very beautiful as you can see.













I don't know for sure but I was saying that it was a bigger city. Maybe that it's just is the more spread out. Maybe because it's not quite as up-and-down hilly. Although you can see it does have its hills.



It is a taller City. All the buildings, which are typical Swiss uniform in height, are a story or two higher than in Lausanne.




The piazzas or squares are more organized and well developed. And because it is not as hilly, it appears to have more open space. 
Just another beautiful, and cold, Swiss city.

Here are the links to the pictures.  Geneva Photos

Oh, and I finally broke down in Geneva and bought a ski parka. Began to feel like I was getting chest congestion and didn't want it to get worse. Its so nice, and so warm. So, from now on, the bright blue parka is my swiss ski acquisition. Thinking I'm going to need to come back here and break it in properly on a Ski holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment